Monday, August 30, 2010

Chapter 1 reflection

     The first day of my Technology class I learned that any technology used by educators in support of the teaching and learning process is the educational technology. It can be the computer, smart board, chalkboard, books, paper, colors, TV, DVD player, etc. The (AECT) Association for Educational Communications and Technology is a group of educators that improve instructions through technology to facilitate learning. The (ISTE) International Society for Technology in Education helps teachers and students giving them appropriate information about technology to improve teaching and learning. This project is called National Educational Technology Standards for Teachers (NETS*T), it prepare teachers to use their knowledge and technology to facilite and inspire student learning and creativity, design and develop digital age learnind experiences and assessments, model digital age work and learning, promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility and engage in professional growth and leadership. The National Educational Technology Standards for Students (NETS*S) require students to demostrate creativity and innovation, communication and collaboration, research and information fluency, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making, digital citizenship, and technology operations and concepts. I also learned about "My Teaching Manifesto", it is a written statement that a teacher declares publicly the intentions she or he has about teaching. Another think I did in class is open a Gmail account and set up blogger blog, I couldn't believe what easy it was. And another important think that I learned in class is that teachers never stop learning even when they are teaching already in some school because there will be always something new in the world about kids, learning, technology, and a lot of other things.



1 comment:

  1. When you wrote, " And another important think that I learned in class is that teachers never stop learning even when they are teaching already in some school because there will be always something new in the world about kids, learning, technology, and a lot of other things." you made a very good observation.

    When I first became a teacher I really thought I knew how teaching worked. (I think most people think they are experts in education because they have spent so much of their time in school.) I was not mentally prepared to spend a lot of time becoming a better teacher. It took me about ten years to realize that I knew virtually nothing about teaching, although I was an expert at being a student.

    I hope that in class I can build upon the idea that you need to continually learn as a teacher. I really appreciate you identifying that specifically!

    For this week's post find one thing you learned last week that you are interested in or excited about. Then tell me how you are going to take that information and use it in the future for your learning or for your students learning.

    I can't wait to see you on Tuesday. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete