Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chapter 3 reflection

In chapter 3 I learned that design-plan-act (D-P-A-) system is important for teaching. First, teachers have to design the instructional unit to identified the competencies that the students will achieve as the unit is presented. Teachers have to create a daily lesson planning where they will considers which components of the design should be presented during each day of instructions and describes how the lesson will unfold. And then teachers have to act each day remembering the many small but critical details necessary for instruction. The design-plan-act must be flexible and adaptable to accommodate continual changes in strategies to meet learner’s needs. This system can help me to be organize and can give me more time to discover what are the learning styles of my students. I learned that is important know the learners, their developmental stages, cultural or language backgrounds, incoming skills, and learning styles. Teachers needs to clarify their objectives that specify what the student will be able to do when the instructional event conclude. Now I know that classroom environment can affect the student’s learning. Teachers have to be sure that the classroom has a adequate environment as good decoration, nice temperature, enough space for students, and adequate lighting. Student needs to fell comfortable and safe in classroom to achieve a successful learning. I think all this information is going to be helpful for me on the future when I have my own classroom because I will know how to create a good classroom environment and I will know how organize the instructional units in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment