Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chapter 5 reflection and Cool Tools for School review

Chapter 5 reflection

In chapter 5 I learned about computer devices, programs, viruses, and types of multimedia. The input devices as mouse and keyboard, and output devices as monitor and printer are the system stored inside the computer’s hardware. I had the opportunity to look what’s inside the CPU and it is incredible how a little chip can storage a lot of information. I learned that windows is the most popular operating system in schools but there are others schools that use Macintosh, this information helps me to know that I need to learn how to use both programs to be ready when I need to use it. Now I know how important is to save our documents not just in our computer, but also in other media storage devices as CD or USB Flash Drive so if our computer has any problem in the future as any virus, we don’t going to lose our documents those going to be save in other place. There is also a web program called Dropbox that let us save our documents, photos, music, etc. and we can open this program in any computer.

Cool Tools for School review

I think Cool tools, as PreZentit is a good help when we have to do a presentation. It aloud us to work in team doing the same project, at the same time but in different computers. So if the students cannot meet their team in a certain place they can work with the team using their own computer in home. The tools look easy to use so the students can understand its functions. The power point presentation tools are variety so the students can create their presentations, as they like. The presentations can be public or private, so the student’s presentation would be safe. I think students going to like it, and they are going to have a new way to learn.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to check PreZentit out.Ease of use is a very important thing to evaluate, especially when it comes to having students with all different abilities trying to use it. I have had students use tools that are extremely difficult to use and the focus changes from the assignment to the tool very quickly. This is not what we want to happen in the classroom :)

    Have you used Dropbox yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I used Dropbox and I think is great. Now I can keep my documents safe and I can open those in any other computer.

    ReplyDelete